Sweat Equity

The little gym at the fitness center is tight, but has nice equipment.  They also have a "yoga" room, but their primary focus is outside on the tennis and pickle balls courts, along with a large community pool for aqua aerobics.  Nowadays I get my forehead temperature check when entering with a mask on, but can remove the mask when working out.  We also have sanitizer to clean the equipment after use, which truly needs to be a thing after the pandemic.

I'm solo for about half the time I work out, so I pedal to the center on my trusty cruiser, all 1 mile of it.


There's ample parking for my cruiser, on the rare occasion there is maybe half a dozen bikes if there is a tennis or pickleball event going on.  Most folks arrive on golf carts, followed by cars or on foot.


It's a short walk to the center from the parking lot. The courts take up most of the property off to the east (right).


For right now, I'll do a fast walk for a couple of miles and then cool down.  I'm beginning to have to include the inclines feature, along with the programmed exercises in order for my Apple Watch overlords to consider it a real workout.  Pretty soon, they'll want me to actually jog!

The fitness center is right across from the marina, and the marina upgrades are coming along quickly with new dry storage, maintenance facilities, and complete renovation of the nearly 600 slips in both the north and south marina basins.


The bike ride back gives me a chance to recover and continue to "cool down", see the sights, and enjoy the morning.




 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemony-Lime Tree has Blossomed into Life

Moving Day

Dishwasher has Gone on Strike!