Lemony-Lime Tree has Blossomed into Life

The First Mate and I have been watching and waiting to see if our small, double-grafted citrus tree will have fruit this year.  A couple of weeks ago, the First Mate spied some growing buds on the Myers Lemon portion of the tree.


The Key West Lime side is taking its sweet time, but buds are slowly coming along as well, though much smaller and completely white for now.


Over this past weekend, the lemon buds started opening up and, if they all set, we'll have to find some way to feed and support the little tree.


I had to check and make sure blooms self-pollinate, both types do, but I may also help them a little just to make certain so we can make a few pies this upcoming late summer and fall.


 

Comments

  1. I remember a guy that did late night TV commercials where he grafted all kinds of citrus fruit together and sold them. Years later I drove by his nursery north of Lakeland after we moved here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I am. Your tree looks great. Your dad remembers one of his 7-11 employees
    has a salad tree. Five different fruits. I miss our citrus. valencia, grapefruit. key lime
    and our satsuma trees. I guess we never watered them enough. Your pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Day

Dishwasher has Gone on Strike!