Homestyle Conch Fritters

 I've eaten lots of conch fritters since my days cooking at Florida Festival, just have never made any until these last few weeks. Easy prep work, just a few minutes with the knife.

The main ingredients


All diced and minced up


Toss everything in the mixer, season, add an egg, milk, and flour

Chill for a couple of hours, then scoop and fry to a golden brown 


I cheat a bit with the internal thermometer, 185F and they are ready



Pull them and let cool


All ready to serve




Comments

  1. Been a while since I had one. I just saw a show on some of the islands in the Caribbean and on Anegada they have a small island of conch shells that dates back hundreds of years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tey have shell mounds here in south Florida, though I'm not sure what shells the mounds are made of.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemony-Lime Tree has Blossomed into Life

Moving Day

Dishwasher has Gone on Strike!