Dishwasher has Gone on Strike!


Our LG dishwasher, a nice stainless model that is whisper quiet, decided to just not work when I had it all loaded up the other day. It has capacitive touch buttons on the control panel, and the entire assembly was dead. Did the usual and checked the breaker, pulled the schematic, and saw there was a power filter. There were multiple instructions on where "things" were located, so I pulled the dishwasher, disconnected the water and drain lines, flipped it on its side, and connected the power to check the three electronic boards.


  The power filter was on the lower back of the dishwasher.  All checked out good with this board.  I truly did not need to flip the dishwasher, just pull it enough to get to the back.


Next up was the actual "brains", and it checked out as powered up.  It's encapsulated in a gel, so no testing of any power output components without removing the gel.


No chance of testing the dishwater interface, low voltage signaling, and encapsulated like the mainboard. There were some complaints with this board failing on the repair forums, so I took a chance, albeit not much of one with Amazon Prime, and ordered a replacement.


The new part arrived via USPS from Lakeland (FL) in less than 36 hours, I replaced it quickly and the controls once again responded to touch control. I started up the record load of dishes just in time to avoid dishpan hands!  As a bonus, I'm considering applying for my LG service technician license as I've now been into the insides of my washer and dishwasher, with only the dryer left :)





 

Comments

  1. First off, I would have taken the dishes out before flipping...and secondly, I've never gotten anything from one of the Amazon facilities in Lakeland (4 warehouses plus an annex at the Lakeland airport that gets 10 planeloads a day) in that short a period of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did think about it, but the only items that actually shifted were some silverware as everything else just laid back in the racks. I get a lot of "stuff" I order from Amazon from Davenport, a few items from Lakeland. Lakeland goes through Tampa, Davenport straight to Venice (?) for Amazon delivery, Punta Gorda for USPS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemony-Lime Tree has Blossomed into Life

Moving Day