Wet It and Forget It


 When we first bought the house here in Burnt Store Marina, there was some growth in the cracks in the pavers both in the driveway and around the pool.  When we returned this past year, nearly all the cracks had algae growth between them and it obviously had been a good summer for the algae.

I had initially thought the growth was a type of fungus, but after pulling some out and reading online, it's an alga.  I broke out the pressure sprayer, and over a couple of days, managed to remove most of the growth.




I had several piles of this type around the perimeter of the pool--and some in the pool as well.  Had the consistency of wet cotton balls and a hint of green when washed a bit.





I then sprayed the pavers with "Wet it and Forget it", which is made for just this type of problem.  Looks like I'll spray down the pavers every 3 months or so, maybe more in the summer, to keep the algae at bay.






Looks like a couple of years supply with this concentrated stuff.

I go back and forth about spraying the driveway, just more "stuff" to do.  Perhaps annually, just before the summer rains.

Comments

  1. I may need some of that for soffit, patio, walkway and driveway

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sweat Equity

The Coconut Telegraph Weather Station

Avian Groupies