Minor Washer Repair

This past spring the First Mate noticed a few specks of rusty metal on her freshly washed clothes coming out of the washer.  I was able to track down the source to a couple of places where the enameled top met the detergent dish.  A new top was a bit over a hundred dollars, so I put it on the list of things to do and promptly left for Tennessee.

I ordered the new top when we returned to Burnt Store Marina this past fall and began to remove the old, rusty top.  



Replacing the top was the simple part, it was all the wiring and hoses routed through the top that took all the time.  Fortunately, between me taking photos as I disassembled the washer, along with some basic Poka-Yoke (idiot-proofing), I was able to reassemble the washer.


Finally!!!





Comments

  1. Looks like fun...not! At least it's one of those clean, temperature controlled work environments. Is that a return behind the washer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's for sure a return vent cover, though I doubt anything but plumbing is behind it. The entire house, like most around here, had polybutylene piping, but was re-plumbed with PEX. I'm guessing that that vent has something to do with the re-plumbing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sweat Equity

The Coconut Telegraph Weather Station

Avian Groupies