Pool Upgrade

 I've been disappointed a few times with the folks that were taking care of the pool, nice folks, but just a general lack of knowledge about pool chemistry.  The pool stabilizer was always at, or near 100, which is much higher than it needed to be and the usual test only goes to 100.  I asked if it could be higher and was told no (it was higher, about 160).


The pool was constantly under chlorinated, and the pH was everywhere.  I'd send text messages to the owner to show the number of chlorine tabs (if any) in the chlorinator and the chemical readings.


The typical response for not being able to balance the pool was that we used the pool more than their other customers and had a high organic load as a result.

The chlorinator holds ten or so tablets. It's the same style I use as a backup in Tennessee.

 


I decided to install a saltwater chlorine generator and took over the pool responsibilities myself after being told the reason I wasn't getting chlorine in the pool was that I needed a new chlorinator.

The control unit I installed differs from the one I use in Tennessee, with an easier interface to use and plastic housing.


The salt cell is the same, I prefer the clear so I can inspect the cell without having to remove it from the plumbing.

Nothing but nice clear water nowadays and all I do is add 12 oz of muriatic acid every other day :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweat Equity

The Coconut Telegraph Weather Station

Avian Groupies